Key Responsibilities | Training will be given in all areas
*Hayward Miller Ltd will be referred to as HML.
- Answering and directing incoming calls – Making notes and contacting relevant staff when needed.
- General administrative duties including routine photocopying, scanning, filing, and archiving.
- Assisting the Office Administrator and Managing Director with booking meetings, Zoom calls, exhibitions, and travel arrangements for all staff.
- Sending follow-up emails to clients and any potential leads.
- Liaising with clients via telephone, regarding enquiries.
- Using Microsoft Office to create templates and reports.
- Ordering stationery, office supplies and consumables.
- Dealing with the incoming and outgoing post.
- Keeping all databases and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems updated with opportunity details.
Other Responsibilities | Training will be given in all areas
- Creating databases from scratch, made up of potential leads for HML and its clients.
- Conducting ‘Desk’ Market Research for databases (via Magazine, Internet, Exhibition Lists, Trade Bodies, Databases etc. or direct contact via telephone).
- Providing background research for client meetings.
- Researching tender opportunities.
Requirements and Prospects
- Professional, confident telephone manner and communication skills.
- Excellent writing abilities for email communication, reports, and peer review work.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook beneficial.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Organised, good time management and consistency in work.
- Ability to easily build a relationship/rapport with clients and team.
- Willingness to assist others – team player.
- Adaptable to change and ambition to progress with the company as it grows.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent (including a minimum of grade B mathematics and English preferred.)
- IT GCSE desired but not essential
- Any Market Research/Admin experience welcomed but not necessary as this role will be trained, learning the HML way of doing things.